Monday, February 11, 2008

The Silence of the Lames

AFI Top 100 review of The Silence of the Lambs

1997 ranking - 65th
2007 ranking - 74th
Released - 1991

I watched this movie a few days ago but finally came out of my coma from the drill put into my brain that was this "film" so my review is just now being posted. Despite this thriller being one of only three movies to win the top five awards at the academy awards this movie still sucks. Horrible. Not intense, or scary, or shocking, or well directed, acted, written anything. There was a gross case of false advertising, as I heard no silence of any sort of barnyard animal let alone a lamb. In fact, I don't recall any sounds from any lambs that needed silencing in the first place.

I'd go into much greater detail but this statements gets my point across without me having to dumb down my ideas for you simple minds to understand: everything that this movie did wrong, "Cannibal: The Musical" aced. So save your time and watch the 1996 classic instead of the 1991 bore.

Rating: 3 mustaches out of 10.

No comments: