AFI Top 100 review of Citizen Kane
1997 ranking - 1st
2007 ranking -1st
Released - 1941
A few opening remarks before I review.
1) This is the first review I've done of a movie that I haven't seen. I've caught a few scenes before but have never watched it all.
2) I watched this movie a friend's apartment. Why is that important to note? No, it wasn't due to the fact that I have a friend and I was allowed to go to her place, but because I feel that I was out of my element just a tad so I may not be bringing my best funk.
3) She wore a hat and I wore a suit...and I wore it well.
4) I was having my period at the time of viewing.
5) She received a phone call from a friend early on in the movie's run and we had to pause the movie and this created a disruption of the movie's flow...my flow was still heavy though.
6) I got a phone call in the last third of the movie, we had to pause the film again, but do to me being a man and not a woman I didn't fuck up the situation.
7) It was a Saturday, not unlike the Saturdays you read about in those Danielle Steel novels.
8) I never met Orson Welles, don't believe what the bitch Mike is saying.
Ok, onto the review.
The movie was good.
Rating: 8 mustache hairs in the mouth out of 10